Pages

Pages

Friday 22 June 2012

CraftyCatz.... Pastels challenge






Morning Girls....well only just I know...Oh I have been battling with my internet AGAIN...it's been very stressful and no phone as well, at first I thought it was my pc again, finally contacted provider and everything needed new wiring...hope now it will be fine for a while at least....

Right then, enough of my waffling lets get on with the challenge this week at CraftyCatz...our fabulous teamie Dianne wants us to use PASTELS this week...mmmmm, TWO DAYS I was searching for something that I would refer to as pastel colours.....I actually had a mental block...how bad is that.....in the end I resorted to good ole Gingham and strips from stash..lol....then it took me another age to find some kind of Mojo......told you it was away with the Fairies.....anyway, in the end I made a Recipe holder, it can hang around wherever it fancies as long as it's not here, ever secretly hoped that someone would walk in and say can I have that please....and your sooo glad it's off your mind...one less to chuck in the bin methinks...lol...seemed like a good idea at the time....

We are sponsored this week by the wonderful Stamping Boutique...who are giving three digi images of your choice.......



Made this by getting a few sheets of card cut to 15cms across and 20cms long, scored and folded to make the little pocket, edged with MS Doily punch and stapled. Punched hole in top corner and put a fastener through so it can hang somewhere...anywhere..lol... the plastic circles, are from an old blind, paper from stash, ribbon Dovecraft Image Stamping Boutique, coloured with Promarkers and dusted with Glamour dust, button stash...on the Tag I wrote, cooks tips...if all else fails, buy a take away..lol... I was just feeling that way out at the time.......

Think thats it for now, I will hopefully get round to see you all today, I'll try my hardest I promise....
So then, whats everyone up to this week end...all UK residents can forget any silly idea's of frolicking in the sand or picnics in the hills...lol....you can go boating, we have lots of water....shocking isn't it....enjoy whatever you do, I'm living in hope that July will be FABULOUS...can't wait for the Olympics to start..hee heeeeee...so excited.....lol....

OK me darlings, am off, going to have a nice cuppa and maybe a shower....lol...not had time yet as BT bloke was here you know....lol
Thanks for your visit, means so much, take care and don't get to wet girls...hugs, Janette.

35 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Janette he could have come and scrubbed your back that would have cheered you up. Well I am sat in pj pants as my pants are hanging wet through. poor dog wants a walk and i told him I am not a duck and it is duck weather. Garden has a big swimming pool on it. As for the creation it is fab and I love it how clever to think of this.
have a good weekend doing nothing cause that what we can do in this weather.

Unknown said...

lol..you are so funny in a lovely way loved the read and nope i dont want it as i cant cook wont cook...but a rather superb creation. and love the tough of sparkle but still not enough to make me cook!!!and reading you have no blinds now in the kitchen cause yer cut them up lol!!! i have some very flower power ones you can have..teee hee...there very flowery..hugs sassyxxxx

ahlers5 said...

Love the image you used. So cute. I really love the idea for the recipe holder. I think I'll borrow this idea and make up a few for friends.
Diane

Margarets designer cards said...

Hi Janette,

I hope you line is working ok now, he could have enjoyed washing your back for you!!!!!

Lovely image and booklet, I think its a booklet well done.

I hope you have a lovely weekend I see you have some of the rain we had overnight, hopefully it wont wash you away.
take care
Margaret

Heather said...

Hi Janette, a gorgeous booklet, a great design and I love the pretty colours - your image is deslightful.
It's a brilliant idea, my fabourite, most used recipes are usual tucked into pits of papers and can never find them. Must borrow your idea some time!!!

hugs Heather xx

Doreen said...

This is fabulous,love the image and great colours....great design.xxx

tilly said...

another clever idea....see... you do have them!!...... a very pretty recipe holder.
Any excuse to get a man in your house....now..... what is the real reason hehehehehehe
Tilly x

lindyloo said...

Hello Janette
wow brill creation perfect colours
linda x

Vicky said...

Wow Janette...what a fabulous creation hun...I just love it...:o)

have a lovely weekend...big hugs Vicky xx

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous recipe holder Janette, love the very sweet image and fab design.

Donna x

Teresa said...

Brilliant recipe cards holder Janette, love the colours and the cute stamps. I really hope this weather picks up for all of us. Hugs Teresa xx

Ally said...

sooooooooooo gorgeous, Janette, I love the idea!
Have a wonderful weekend with some sun!
Hugs, Alessandra

June Nelson said...

Hi me darlin this is goreous, if I cooked lol, anyway its still gorgeoius!! hope your keeping ok sweetie huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxx

Merry said...

You are having a bad time with your internet at the moment....hoping everything settles soon. Love your project....great papers.

coops said...

so stunning janette.such a fab design and idea and i love the image and pretty colours :D

xx coops xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful Janette a fabulous idea,have a lovely weeknd my friend
hugs Dianne xx :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hiya Janette - this is just gorgeous if I had made it there is now way I would EVER give it away!! This weather is pants - Blackpool Old Road was flooded yesterday it looked like a boating lake!! Have a great weekend hugs SUsan x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is the cutest Janette! Love all of the layering and details. awesome! :)

Jackie said...

What a great idea, I love your recipe holder :o)
Jackie xx

carol said...

Morning Janette, i think your creation is super, you have made it look so pretty, and how handy, Hope you are well ? nice to here you sorted internet and phone out, what did we do before technology...lol.
have a good weekend, x carol

carol said...

Morning Janette, i think your creation is super, you have made it look so pretty, and how handy, Hope you are well ? nice to here you sorted internet and phone out, what did we do before technology...lol.
have a good weekend, x carol

Riet said...

This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Elaine said...

Well I think it's a fabulous idea to make a recipe holder and it would make a fab gift. It's beautiful Janette, the image is perfect and the colours are very pretty.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Mandy said...

Hun this is absolutely gorgeous, you don't half talk some rubbish lol.
I hope you get your internet sorted, my problem is my flipping laptop having a mind of it's own making blogging so frustrating and time consuming, god I hate technology lol
hugs Mandy xx

Shelby said...

What a clever idea! Love how this turned out and the pastels look perfect.
Shelby

Unknown said...

fab creation Janette...thanks for stopping bye too...joined your blog as a follower..x

downrightcrafty said...

oh Janette this is fabulous what great inspiration :) and my mobile phone app says get the winter boots out and start cooking casserole's :( hope you are right though as my tan is fading terribly
Hugs Kate xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous project Janette, love the pastels and the sparkle.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Curly said...

Gorgeous recipe card Janette, great thinking bud, I love the colour theme too, I found the pastels really difficult because I don't have many papers that are light in colour,
Have a lovely wee my friend,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Janette, wow love the idea of that Tag, and the whole card design is just gorgeous as is that image and your colour choice. hugs Shirleyxx

Wishcraft said...

Ooh you are hard on yourself hun, I think it looks fabulous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Unknown said...

What a pretty recipe holder what a fab idea Janette well done Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

What a fun and gorgeous creation this is Janette! Such pretty colours, too! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Pauline said...

Hi Janette, I love your beautiful recipe card file, and the sweet image is beautifully coloured, what a fab gift!

Viv said...

Super card, well done :) Viv xx

Featured post

Ask me who finally got in the craft room.......

  Afternoon everyone, what a beautiful day its been and because the sun was shining it warmed my room up so I had a play. First up is this c...